Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Almost Home!
Wow it has been a long LONG time since I have been able to log on and read up on the forum. Glad to see that everyone is still getting out and getting after it even hearing that rivers have been running high and conditions have not been ideal to say the least.

Long story short, I have been deployed to Afghanistan doing Route clearance for the last 12 months and saying that I have a huge itch to get out and hit the river is putting it lightly [Wink]. I should be back in the states and back home in riverdale in roughly 2 weeks and just wanted to see if anyone would be wanting to maybe hit up the weber or the ogden and get after those big browns on the fly? Im not the best fly fisherman to be sure but I do have everything that I would need just looking to find someone that wants to get out and hopefully catch a few. I've never used streamers before, mostly just fish nymphs but I think i am going to take the time this fall to learn how to catch them with the streamer. Hope to meet some of you soon. P.M me if you are interested, I should be free most anytime. In the mean time GOOD LUCK to everyone and i look forward to reading up on all the success stories. -Stephen
[signature]
im down, PM me when you get back ill take ya to our brother in laws land on the weber
[signature]
Sounds like a great time! I really appreciate it. I will get in touch once I finally get back.
[signature]
Thank you for your service.

Just got done with an 8 month tour in the same area...hope to wet a line myself this week. Enjoy the H2O.
[signature]
Welcome home spoon dog, I just got back in August and was like you--couldn't wait to get back in the fishing. I'm new to flyfishing and I live in Riverdale so I'm game if you ever want to go out.
[signature]
Thank you spoondog,Glad for your safe return!!! I'll bet your family is so excited to see you.

And Thank You to our other returned vets here on BFT,looks like we have a few we owe a debt of gratitude to!

My Marine comes home for leave on sat. then ships to Afganistan in a couple weeks. I am soooo excited to see him (and scared too),we're going duck hunting and camping.

Your coming home to some good fishing,this has been one of the better years I have had on the rivers.
[signature]
One of the first things I did when I got back from Iraq back in June was get out the new float tube for a test drive. Welcome "almost" back!
[signature]