Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bare Handed at Little Dell 11-10
Got a text from BFT member Pa, who wanted me to show him Lower Bells Reservoir. Got to the trailhead and saw tons of ice on the trail. With my new ACL and Pa's bad knees I knew we were likely not gonna make it up there. After taking some spills and we decided to bail on the idea Bells. Got to Little Dell around 1:30. Showed him my favorite spot and with Pa's first cast came his 1st fish. The action was on! During a release of a cutt I happened to be on a rock over the water. Just as I was going to turn my back a cutthroat was cruising really close to the shore. I stood as still as I could and with Pa watching me I BAM....grabbed the fish with my bare hands! We continued to fish until it got dark. I ended the day with 13 Cutthroats and Pa (who was not keeping track) caught just as many. He was using mostly Kastmasters in gold and brown trout pattern. He also used the stoplight spinner by TubeDude as well as a gold little jakes. I used a Strike King Red Eye Shad in Baby Carp color as well as "Bad to the Bone" color. The other lure I used was a Chrome Black Back Ratt'L'Trap. With all this Little Dell action I am starting to feel a little bit more like Mr. Ground Hog Day...aka Leaky...just kidding dude. Please keep up your Weber posts...you give me hope for that river.

1st Cutt
[Image: 759280.JPG]

2nd cutt
[Image: 759281.JPG]

This cutty was AGGRESSIVE...he bashed the lure 5 times before hooking himself like that
[Image: 759282.JPG]

Took a break from the action to get a shot of Little Dell
[Image: 759288.JPG]

Another Cutt
[Image: 759284.JPG]

The only Cutthroat Trout that took the Ratt'L'Trap
[Image: 759285.JPG]

A Dog oh wait I ment Cutthroat and his bone.
[Image: 759286.JPG]

A shadow of a spikey haired predator and his prize.
[Image: 759287.JPG]

Pa and his Cutthroat Trout
[Image: 759290.JPG]

Guilty or Innocent?
[Image: 759291.JPG]

A close up of a Cutthroat Trout wearing lipstick
[Image: 759292.JPG]
[signature]
Pleasure meeting you. We will do it again and soon. Tell the twin he really missed out today.
[signature]