Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open water at FG!

seeing as we arent geting any ice[frown] we have been going out on these glass calm days and wacking on some lakers out of the boat the bite has been very good for teeners and low 20lb type fish with a few fattys mixed in we boated 6 and lost 2 this morning best bait has been a 4'' motor oiltube with a small chunck of sucker meat in 66ft!
[signature]
Those are great fish! What a wierd year to be baoting on FG in January...[crazy]

TiteLines
[signature]
I see this a lot but on the first picture, how is he holding the head area? And are you C&R? Not that it matters, just asking.
[signature]
holdin it by its gills helpin it get some fresh air so it could swim back to the depths! 100% C&R. all fish were released unharmed![Smile]
[signature]
Man I love those motor-oils !! I also am a BIGTIME fan of the HOT PINK 4 inchers too they can be deadly on them bigger Lakers !! You ever tried the CANARY YELLERS ?? They work I swear...[Wink]
[signature]
Does this mean I need to bring my boat up for the burbot bash. All this warm weather,I am starting to wonder if the bash will get cancelled. Have you heard anything yet as to what the plans will be if there is no ice. Those are some nice lakers. Thanks for sharing the pics.
[signature]
HAHAHA Looks like some Tarponjim photos. Thanks for posting fishly. I hope to one day catch some of those lakers. I have fished Kyle a few times and still looking. I think you need to HOOK me up on the ice this year.
[signature]
if we get ice I can do that but like I have been telling all my clients the boat is better you can cover more country and find more fish and if it caps this yr you got the advantage of knowing a few areas vs one or two! just call it ice fish scouting from the boat![fishin]
[signature]
still no sighn of ice! but the laker bite gets better every day!
[signature]
Nice Fish Bonser!! How many fish are you getting in a day? Just a couple big ones or several throughout the day? Is the wind staying down to give you long hours on the Lake?
[signature]
hey ash i see your fishing the white hill's area again. [sly]. lol nice work my friend..
i'm trying to get up that way. but might just be to do some hunting cant aford to bring the boat.. lol been seeing any coyotes out and about.. my boy jonny realy wants to blast one or two.. lol but then he wants to catch one of them big fish too! [sly]..
[signature]
The weather has been amazing, which makes the fishing great no w and lots of sun! depends on the angler some are geting several and some are only geting a couple in a day. our over all average is about 6 fish a day!
[signature]