Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Mead 01-14-12
Couldn't ask for a nicer day weather wise. 1-2mph chop now and then but for the most part the lake was glass from sun up to sun down.

Fishing was so so. Caught a few so better than a skunk. Spent more time exploring and checking out new spots than anything else. Launched out of Callville and ended up WAY out east a little bit past the Temple Marina. Put over 70 miles on the boat today.

Madi caught a nice LMB and we both caught several Stripers. She also got into something... Will never know. Hit and snapped her line in a second. No idea there. Very odd. Fresh line and the crank she was using I had just put on a few casts earlier so no nicks or anything. Has anyone ever caught a Northern Pike on Mead? Or heard of them in that lake at all? Her loss was just like a Pike hitting. Cut her line in second.

[Image: Lake%20Mead_01-14-12_02.jpg]

The water was glass for most of the day...

[Image: Lake%20Mead_01-14-12_06.jpg]
[signature]
Thanks for the great report.
[signature]
Likely a big striper. They do that
[signature]
Yeah, no pike, but I'm sure there are a few mean stripers having trout withdraws. They might be taking their aggression out on the shad (and your cranks).
[signature]
when i caught my big striper, it felt like i snagged a Volkswagen Bug that decided to start driving....

no pike, but i agree stripers do hit like pike
[signature]
I have heard of afew snakeheads out there.. one day at floyd lamb I got to talkin to the ndow lady, she said that a snakehead has been caught at mead, and that she did the autopsy on it.
[signature]
I've never heard of pike at the lake, but several times I've been bringing in a lipless or lipped crank and had some monster peel off my line, only to bring in a giant carp by the back hahah
[signature]