Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weather effect on American Falls ??
[unimpressed] With the massive amounts of rain and water on the ice in Norther Utah, can anyone give us an update on the Ice at American falls?? Did they get as much rain ??? With the Derby a week away, what might we expect???
[signature]
I haven't been out on the ice but we've gotten pretty much the same weather up here, warm with a good amount of rain. If nobody gets back on with a report I'd just watch what the temps do this week leading up to the derby. Bug gave a report on a lake in the area and it didn't look great.

[quote thebug]about 2 in of eater ontop of 14-18 in of clear ice teh edges were crap so wear wadders or bring a LONG plank[/quote]
[signature]
It is raining pretty good right now. The edges are open and it has not been below freezing for 4 days now and not looking good tonight either. My back yard pond is completely open again, and I only live 20 miles from AFreservoir. Also the reservoir is rising constantly due to filling, but this rain is rising it faster which makes more open water on the edges. You would not catch me out on it right now.
[signature]
i can verify prvrt's response, warm, wet days over most of this last week. drove by the dam yesterday, not sure how thick the ice was but there is alot of water over the ice. was thinking about hitting the ice today but might just have to wait, if i change my mind and test my luck ill update yall.
[signature]
Keep me updated please, I have never fished the reservior and have an area picked out that I would like to fish, but the condition of the ice will determine if the derby will happen an if I can get to where I want to fish. Need a cold snap before the next weekend obviously.
[signature]
went out to check out the ice today by aberdeen, didnt get on the ice....about 10 or so feet of the edges are gone at big hole and i forgot to take a plank out to get out there. the ice was talking alot while i was there, still wanted to get on the deck tho. night try again later tonight or tomorrow depending on the weather. nights have been just below freezing but very windy. think we're gonna need some more cold nights to really feel comfortable out there. unfortunately i have to go out of town from tuesday to friday night so my eyes will be on the forum in case anyone else posts up updates so i can get out there next saturday

------------------------------------------

oh yeah, while i was out there i did see someone fishing the banks on the (large amounts of) open water, looks like he caught 2 or 3 planters (13-15 in) in the half hour i was there
[signature]