Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Valleygirl broke my line again today...
I went to Valentine's pond today and fished all afternoon. I caught about 6 bass. One tied my largest for this year so far at 16". I was fishing close to the bank in only about 2" to 4" of water and catching a few here and there then Valleygirl (we have named her that after Valentine's pond not Amy from another pond that we think will break the state record btw) hit and she hit HARD.

I am using 8lb test Berkley Trilene XT that is about six months old and a new rod (Bass Pro Shop Power Plus) that PAULPRO sent me using some of his winnings from the contest we had here at BFT last year. He won biggest bass. Thanks Paulpro!

I know I should change my line more often. Anyway she hit and did her thing she always does, she snatch and run. It happens so fast your reel doesn't have time to react and let out drag even if you have it set relatively loose. Needless to say SNAP my line broke once again to her. About 3 of us have hooked her and all have had their line broke. I plan to go there during spawn with some heavy braid line and just fish for her this spring. She has to be over 10lb at least. She is legendary around these parts between about 8 of us that know of her and we don't tell anyone about her. Our little (big) secret.

Valleygirl stats:

[ul][li]I've hooked her 3 times. Line broke every time. [/li][/ul]
[ul][li]Jimmy hooked her once when we were crappie fishing on a crappie jig. Line broke. [/li][/ul]
[ul][li]Bobbie hooked her with a topwater frog and we all saw the spectacle of our lifes when she hit that. Monster! Line broke
[/li][/ul]
[ul][li]A few other friends have their stories but I won't post them here. You get the idea. She is a LUNKER. All of them... Line broke.
[/li][/ul]
This is the THIRD time she has humiliated me so brutally.

Anyway I did catch some nice bass today and got one 16" that matches my largest catch this year so far. Below is a pic.

[inline SANY1594.JPG]

This pond has some of the healthiest largemouth I catch in this county. We have named a bass Valleygirl in this pond but it might be more than one because of the abundant food supply in it. Here is my largest Crappie catch to date in my life and caught in Valentine's pond and it's just a watershed farm pond. Wasn't stocked by Arkansas Game and Fish, just a freaking little tiny pond in payneway. Pic below:

[inline Crappie.JPG]
[signature]
This Valleygirl you speak of ,she doesn't sound like a cheap date,"looks like she flipped you the fin!"She does sound like fun, give her a fighting chance.I like to fight them pound per pound ,if you think she's ten use 10lb braid,15 tops.Some pro's use 50 lb braid,but thats because they can't afford to loose them during tournaments . Funny. your story reminds me of the Pacu that keeps getting away from me,I'm yet to land these flippin fish[mad]
[signature]
I'm sorry,you see its that I focus so much on catching the right bass,I sometimes say the wrong things.Please try to put up with me,I'm trying[Image: confused.gif] A bass a day keeps the doctor away PP
[signature]
I got to see that pond!,Dude that crappie,at first glance, I thought you were holding a bass [Image: surprised.gif]jeez!
[signature]
ya have to walk amost a mile to get to those ponds... over a hour walk... to valentines... two hours to amous...

no vehicle can get in there.

see?

and very few know where they are and about them.

If you wanna come try to catch ally or valleygirl .. you have to come fishing with me.

if you want to catch a Crappie that is 2lb you have to walk half a mile to a pond that is secret...

the state record is about 4lb ... but jimmy caught a 3.9 pound and we wanted him to call the game warden but we wall all drunk and had some 20lb blue cats at that pond and he's a pansy to his wife....
\
we stayed he went home... I caught my largest blue cat that night. at secret pond once again..
[signature]
[quote Paulpro] This Valleygirl you speak of ,she doesn't sound like a cheap date,"looks like she flipped you the fin!"She does sound like fun, give her a fighting chance.I like to fight them pound per pound ,if you think she's ten use 10lb braid,15 tops.Some pro's use 50 lb braid,but thats because they can't afford to loose them during tournaments . Funny. your story reminds me of the Pacu that keeps getting away from me,I'm yet to land these flippin fish[mad][/quote]

ya know.. we been trying to catch that babe for 10 years... I said I will get braid and work for her but no I won't .. I will fish that pond like I aways do. and if I hook her she will run with my line. I keep my drag so loose at that pond in case I hook her. but I won't do what I said and use braid or bring her in like that. I'll buy some more trilene xt 12lb and use it this year.

using braid against her is like using a gun against a knife.

I won't do that to her. I respect that bass. she has broken my line 3 times and 10 others too.

I give her the chance. using braid against her is just wrong.I won't do that to her. ya get it? Have to respect a lunker. I respect that bass. I give her a chance.
[signature]
yea thats a Crappie paulpro at one of my secret spots... the one that holds valleygirl... a bass that is over 10lb easy..

amy is about a mile away at another pond and keeps breaking our lines even some of us with 12lb test...

we got some huge bass in this area and these are our best kept secrets.

Only way you get to these ponds is I show you the way. we park and walk for two hours through bulls too.. lol. we had to talk to one owner and get him to corral his bulls one day ... that's another story...

We have permission to fish these ponds and they aren't stocked by AGAF ... arkansas game and fish..

just ponds... but way out in the middle of nowhere.. created during the old earthquake 1940....

when horseshoe lake was made..

be cool and come fish with me. I know this area so well.

in about 30 days at sardis ... I can take you to tubby tobbie creek and use Tennessee shad deep crank bait and you can catch a 8 to 11lb easy ..

I am not a pro but my dad was... helped bill dance make his lures.

just have fun guys.
[signature]
So you have two girls wow!,they seem hard to get,try to finness them,they like that.You can let them break your rod and your lines but don't let them break your heart[Image: happy.gif].Good luck Mike, "Mike Pro"[Image: bobwink.gif]
[signature]