Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Utah state record Tiger Trout!
Recieved an email today. A forward of a forward..... States that this was caught out of Scofield and weighs 15 lbs. Did not say who, how long or with what just this in the body and the picture. Any one know anymore about it or have other photos they can share. What a fish!

Quote: "Subject: Possible state record tiger trout!

I love my job! Look what came into the office today! I gave him the paper
work for it! I didn't catch the length but he weighed 15 pounds! What a
catch! It was out of scofield."
[signature]
Yea it's a hog. Have to see if it's true. Nice catch for the fisherman.
[signature]
What a pig! Looks like that thing was on a one-fish mission to rid the lake of chubs!
[signature]
This is the email I received about it:

SCOFIELD RESERVOIR: (February 17) Conservation officers report sporadic fishing conditions. The state angling record for tiger trout, however, was broken this past week by Trent Perry of Santaquin. Trent caught a 32.25-inch tiger that weighed 15 pounds, one ounce and had a 20-inch girth. After catching the record-breaking fish, Trent caught-and-released a 25-inch tiger. There's no word on the bait or part of the reservoir where the trout was taken.
[signature]
Wow. Thanks for the reply. What a pig of a fish! Would love to hook that while ice fishing.
[signature]
damn nice fish
[signature]
Hard to belive
[signature]
I'm no expert but the fish in the picture looks more like a Rainbow. Any other photos turn up yet?
[signature]
Not a bow, it is absolutely a Tiger. It would be really cool if it was in it's mock spawn colors. Congrats to the fisherman. Even if it doesn't break the record, it is a pig of a fish.
[signature]
[quote Theekillerbee]Not a bow, it is absolutely a Tiger. It would be really cool if it was in it's mock spawn colors. Congrats to the fisherman. Even if it doesn't break the record, it is a pig of a fish.[/quote]
+1 Hells Yeah, pig of a fish!
[signature]
It is a tiger trout and it does officially weigh 15 lbs 1 oz I will try to upload pics today
[signature]
Yeah yeah - hear-say / there-say, without a picture it's just another fish-tail. Oh, but . . . wait a minute!

That is a hog indeed. Even without a scale or ruler in the picture - not doubt - a big fish! Surprised he can hold it up with one finger! Too bad he wasn't standing in the sun - would be nice to see all them colors!

Gotta wonder is that going on a table, or on a wall? I hope it does make the state record. I thinks that would say something about the state of Scofield as a trout fishery, no?

(it's not dead yet. Feeling better - think I'll go for a FISH!)
I fished Scofield today and talked to the DNR guy who checked my license. He said the Tiger trout was caught last week Thursday or Friday and was in fact 15 pounds and a new record. He told me that the girth on the belly was 20" around.
[signature]
A freind of Trent Perry works with me and showed me a better pic of the fish today. It is a hog the pic that is on here doesnt do it justice.[Wink]
[signature]
Here is A better pic
[signature]
BOOM BABY! There it is! That's the pic I wanted to see, thank you. Very nice fish indeed.
[signature]
Thanks!!
[signature]
Very nice, congrats
[signature]
Nice tiger !! No doubt it is bigger than the old state record But both of those pixs are terrible. !! Looks even smaller in the second pic. Lets see a pic of it while it fresh out on the ice and being held correctly. Do that fish justice!!
[signature]
that fish looks plenty big. hellya what a fish.[fishin]
[signature]