Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cod link Rig
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone had any creative ways to use a codlink rig. In the past , I have used them in saltwater to catch bigger fish with a smaller fish hooked up to it. What else is there?? Please help me with some ideas. Thanks.
[signature]
what is a codlink rig?
[signature]
It's a setup of 5 consecutive 4/0 hooks spaces about 4-6in apart. Let me find a pic and I'll show you. Check back later.
[signature]
I think I know what your talking about.[crazy] My nieghbor was cleaning out his tackle box of twenty years and gave me some rigs like the ones you described. I havent been able to find them in the stores at all. Is it not legal any more to have five or more hooks on a rig? I was on a halfday boat and a guy was using some codlink rigs and the deckhand made hi cut off two of the hooks so he only had three. Why is that?[crazy]
[signature]
[size 2]I usually a one hook guy[Wink] But I have done that thing where you have your weight, then hook maybe a foot below it. Once your line is in the water you take a clip swivel and some line and a hook and put your live bait on it. Then snap the swivel onto your line and allow live bait to swim up and down line.[/size]

[size 2] I do not know what that is called.[/size]

[size 2] I tried to draw it and post the pic but it says it was to large[unsure][/size]

[size 2][/size]
[signature]
[cool]Hey fishfather, the rig that you are referring to is a sliding rig or just simply a slider. I have used that rig myself many times especially when I am fishing for sharks. I am searching high and low for a pic but cannot find one yet. As the topics come up, it is becoming more and more challenging to get the info that I need for the book that I am writing.

I am constantly looking for more creative ways to use different types of rigs, tackle, and specific baits. Therefore there are certain repeat posts on other boards. I can't imaging that everyone will visit every post. So now I have narrowed down to the boards that generate the most information that I am looking for.

Got to go now. Lots of research to do.
[signature]