Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
modifying spinner baits?
I tested a theory today at valentines pond. I can use white 1/2 oz spinner baits there with dual willow blades or single...

dual Colorado blades or single and not catch as many bass as I do when I take a dual willow blade and remove the large willow and replace it with a HUGE Colorado.

Here is a pic of the bait I changed. I catch bass on this lure there when none of the other white spinner baits work.

very strange.

[inline SANY1608.JPG]
[signature]
They heard something different. Reaction strike. Now I'll have to play with mine as well. I do add a fluke to mine to bulk it up.
[signature]
There is an easier way to modify spinner and buzz baits.
Have you heard about the lure kit that comes with interchangeable pieces that you can build about 80 different baits with? It comes in a small handy to carry and store case.
If have these available. If interested contact me at [url "mailto:lightgearfishin@gmail.com"]lightgearfishin@gmail.com[/url] and I'll tell you where to get them.
The kit is really cheap considering you have up to 80 baits in it.
[signature]
I got messing with cross-over blades too. In smaller in-line spinners. I've tried a few different combos mixing up the beads and blades.

My theory being - the inline blade can look like the fish body, while the schwinging Colorado blade can call attention - look like a flailing head - also clack against the lower blade.

[inline CS_SpinArray.jpg]

Also these guys - with jigs built right in. Need more field testing!

[inline CS_JigJammers.jpg]
I'd like to try those for the Lukinani here in south FL,"yellow" should work well
[signature]
I have trimmed skirts before. Never got around to changing the blades though.
[signature]