Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunset Park
I can't make it out to the lake or river every weekend, but sometimes a quick trip to Sunset Park would cure my itch to fish.

Any idea how the bite is recently? I know they stock Fridays. Not sure if it is every week?

Thanks![fishin]
[signature]
I think that place is a construction nightmare right now, i would suggest Boulder City Pond.
[signature]
I constantly check fishing licenses there, fishing is decent if you go after it is stocked. You are limited right now to the south lake portion due to construction.
[signature]
[quote Gvec]Any idea how the bite is recently? I know they stock Fridays. Not sure if it is every week?

Thanks![fishin][/quote]

Stocking is every Tuesday until April, then its catfish (yuck) through the summer months to November,
[signature]
I'm pretty sure stocking is on tuesdays as was mentioned. You can do well after the stocking. The fish are pretty small so ultralight rigs are best. We did best with just a small split shot 18" up from a small single hook with powerbait when I was there a few weeks back. They bite pretty light.

If you want to fish actively you could go with small (1/32 1/16th) spinners or a fly and bubble. It can be crowded due to construction but being friendly goes along way in urban fishing settings.

Boulder city pond is nicer if you don't mind the drive, but it's about halfway to willow for me.
[signature]
i wish they were still stocking lorenzi. i loved fishing in the ghetto
[signature]