Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Float Tube Club...first meeting
[cool][#0000ff]Thanks to LeeC for getting the meeting room at Murray Library for our first meeting.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Only problem is that our preferred date of Wednesday the 28th has already been booked in that room. So at least for this meeting we will have to make it Thursday the 29th. Scheduled time is from 6:30 to as late as 8:30. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The second meeting will be at Willow Park Pond in Murray...for a show and tell session on tubes and toons. Since we will be in daylight saving time mode in April and hopefully warmer weather we might move that meeting up to about the middle of the month. Can't do it on tax day. The 15th is on a Sunday. That won't fly in Utah...unless your clergyman is a float tuber.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[signature]
Changed the reminder in my phone. I'll see you there!
[signature]
Damn! I gotta work that day. So I won't be able to make it. [pirate]
[signature]
[#0000ff]The second meeting will be at Willow Park Pond in Murray...for a show and tell session on tubes and toons. Since we will be in daylight saving time mode in April and hopefully warmer weather we might move that meeting up to about the middle of the month. Can't do it on tax day. The 15th is on a Sunday. That won't fly in Utah...unless your clergyman is a float tuber.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff][/quote]

Cool! I am almost finished with the winter project (finishing the basement) That means I can pull my gear out soon. Told myself I can't pull the gear out until I get it finished or it will never get finished. [cool]
[signature]
This club open to yaks also?
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Might as well. I know quite a few guys who have both...or have gone back and forth from one to the other. The style of fishing and many of the tactics and techniques are quite similar so why not?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]But you may have to sit in the back of the room.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Can you also let in SUP's (stand up paddle boards)? As soon as I develop an interchangeably rod and paddle holder for the board I'm ready[laugh].

FYI tax day is Tuesday April 17 this year.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I wanna see you work a 12 weight rod and punch out a long double haul cast on your paddle board.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]SPLASH[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Ha ha okay[Wink]
[signature]