Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
largemouth bass
Hello every one, I am new to bass fishing and I need some help. I live close by Pelican bay marina, at utah lake. Can anyone tell what I should do catch largemouth bass in utah lake
[signature]
Awesome! We don't get very many posts from Utah. My favorite Utah Lake lure is a jig but it's not always the right lure to use [crazy]. Marinas attract the largemouth so you are in the right place, if the temps keep up like they are things should start turning on soon. I've spent a lot of time trying to figure that lake out and I think I may have finally done it. Now if I can just figure out the walleye.
[signature]
[fishin] Try out the alabama rig with 5 minnows and just reel her in nice and slow.

[url "http://thealabamarig.com/"][/url]http://thealabamarig.com/[/url]

good luck and good fishin'!!!
[signature]
Gitzit Jigs, ghost colored on jigs that let yo ugo to the bottom and slowly skip the bottom back to the boat. First targets would be points going into the main lake. Toss into 3 ft, then work it down to about 15 feet this time of year. When it warms up, they will probably be found at around 6 ft. Now go get 'em! Tite lines to ya... oh, btw, nothing bigger than 8# line, or that size dia.
[signature]
Whatever you do, do not use an Alabama rig with five lures on it or you will get a ticket and I wouldn't use anything less than 10lb for the largies. I use 12lb at UL.
Utah Lake is a very peculiar lake. The depth, size, structure, forage, etc. is not like any other lakes that I've fished or even familiar with.
[signature]
I have heard a lot of people are killing it with the Alabama rig but a lot of states are limiting the amount of hooks to 3 so you either have to run 2 baits without hooks or remove 2 of the baits altogether.
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator