Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Sierra fly fishing trip
[font "Arial"][size 2]My Sierra fly fishing trip [/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]I just returned from Mammoth, a week of fishing, it was great, [/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2] thanks to the a great guy at the trout fly, [/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]we talked one day about putting fish back in the lower Owens, [/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]He had just told a lady the trout from there taste bad,[/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]‘He was great, I laughed because I new what he really meant.[/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]And also the guys at the trout fitter, especially [/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]Gary[/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]. To him I say thanks.[/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]It was a bit slow at first then I figured out the right fly or nymph combination.[/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]Then I started catching a lot of fish every where.[/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]On my last day I fished [/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]Crowley[/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2].[/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]I left [/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]Crowley[/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2] with a 22 inch Rainbow, and a 24 inch Brown. [/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]I still had time at our condo that Deep Creek Fly Fishing Club had rented. [/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]I didn't want to muck up a perfectly good ending. [/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]So I left early and came on home with memories of a life time. [/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]The fly, well it is immortalized in four inches of plastic, f[/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]orever to be worshiped by me. [/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]You can still buy them at The Trout Fitter, [/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]A fellow named [/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]Gary[/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2] was working there on the Wednesday the 8th. [/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]when I walked in and ask [/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]Gary[/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2] for the secret fly for [/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]Crowley[/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]. [/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]as he laughed and showed me this fly and said this is it, [/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]I think he was just a joking or thought he was pulling a gage on me, [/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2] [/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]I never caught so many fish, and big fish. [/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]People all around me were getting skunked. [/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]Who would have thought? [/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]Every time I caught a monster [/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]I would holler for help or for someone to witness it. [/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]No one came, no matter how load I yelled. [/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]If I yelled any loader I would have gone hoarse. [/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]My six weight Sage rod was a joke, but a bigger joke was my net way to small. [/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]I didn't even try to net the Brown; it was hard enough to net the Rainbow. [/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]So I just picked him up took out my fly and slid him back in the water [/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]I didn’t need to measure him because it was without a drought [/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]a lot bigger fish than the 22 inch Rainbow and do to the fact [/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]I knew he wouldn’t fit into my net that the rainbow barely fit into. [/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]I shook from the ordeal for several minutes and with a huge grin I slowly paddled out of the lake.[/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 2]At first I wasn't going to tell a soul.[/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 2]Who would believe me.[/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 2]But who in there right mind can keep there mouth shut.[/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 2]Steve Clark [/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 2]Moreno Valley[/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2] [/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]California[/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]. [/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 2][/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]Member of [/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]Deep Creek Fly Fishers[/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 2] [/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3] [/size][/font]

[signature]
[cool]FANTASTIC REPORT. Hey, Steve, how are you? Did you get moved okay? We were getting ready to send a posse looking for you. Good to hear you are still hitting the water, and with such great success.

Any pics of that fly? And, does it have a name? Some of my favorite flies are not anywhere close to the old "tried and true" patterns. But, if the fish vote for them, that's what matters.

I will bet that the next time you hit the fall fling at Crowley that you go with a stouter rod and a bigger net. Those big boys in there are real brawlers and they take some tough tackle to whup them.

Again, good report. And, there is never a need to worry about anyone here questioning the size of your fish...or anything else in your reports. We are all honest anglers here and would expect nothing less of anyone else when we post our own "true stories".

What's going on at Perris these days? Have the fish gotten any more active with the shorter days?
[signature]