Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bass at Mantua?

Just looking for any report to encourage me to try Mantua or is it just tooooooo early. I'm suffering for a bass fix. [Image: icon_sad.gif] [Image: icon_sad.gif]
[signature]
I've only heard of trout being caught there since ice off -maybe needs to warm up a little.
[signature]
You can catch bass this time of year. Just have to slow things down. You won't catch as many but I live in Wyoming for most of the year and we are catching them (3-4lbs) in a lake very similar to Mantua.
[signature]
i've hit it alot and only caught two. i hit the point and got one with a spinnerbait. and another with a jig. decent fish but fishing is really slow, water is only 47 degrees so they'll start getting better if it can keep some good weather on it. i've hit it six or seven times since ice off.
[signature]
I heard they are charging now for launch fees?
last spring it was free. any truth to this?
thanks, heading there Wed.
[signature]
Fishing is way SLOW right now...last I heard it was $10 to launch
[signature]
Yes, it is true. That has been around since sometime last year. $5. You can go buy passes, but I am not sure where. If you don't live in Brigham City or Mantua, the season pass is $50. There was a big thread on this last year too.
[signature]
Do you have any idea if you have to pay to launch a pontoon from the beach next to the ramp? Or is it specifically for boats using the ramp? I know I can launch it for free from other spots on the lake. Just wondering because that would be the easiest place. I used my float tube there last year but that was so light I could get in anywhere. This new pontoon is pretty heavy.
[signature]
I know it applies to boats. I launched my small boat from the newer dock they put in on the south end by the inlet. I ran into the town cop coming out and asked him if I was ok. He told me, at the time, that he understood the fee to be for the boat launch. Float tubes or pontoons shouldn't be an issue. But I would probably use the north or south launches. The north launch is easier than the south one.
[signature]
Cool thanks for the help.
[signature]
Here is the link from last summer's post about that: http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Utah_...ee;#681099

Here is the info about the season passes: http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Utah_...ee;#725255
[signature]

[signature]
Last I heard - yes there's a launch fee, but I'd seen it at $5, tell me they didn't double it since implementing?!?!

That's as much as Willard! I hope not! $5 alone without the parks pass counting sux already!