Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Mead (Echo Bay area) 4/6/12
A little bit of wind until lunch or so but overall a very nice day on the water. We landed 18 fish today. Madi caught 7 stripers and one decent LMB and I got 3 LMB (one right at 3 pounds), 1 SMB (2 pounder) and 6 Stripers. None of the Stripers were anything to talk about. Normal dinks. Everything was in pretty darn shallow waters. 3 1/2" Yum Money Minnow swimbaits, squarebills and spinnerbaits did the job. Madi was killing the stripers on that little swimbait and a very small rapala clackin crank. Small stuff seemed to be the ticket. I got one striper on a 5" Yum Money Minnow.

[Image: Lake%20Mead_04-06-12_002.jpg][Image: Lake%20Mead_04-06-12_003.jpg][Image: Lake%20Mead_04-06-12_004.jpg][Image: Lake%20Mead_04-06-12_005.jpg][Image: Lake%20Mead_04-06-12_006.jpg][Image: Lake%20Mead_04-06-12_010.jpg][Image: Lake%20Mead_04-06-12_013.jpg][Image: Lake%20Mead_04-06-12_016.jpg][Image: Lake%20Mead_04-06-12_020.jpg]
[signature]
Been thinking of heading out to echo. Thanks for the report. Glad the weather calmed down for you. Did they have any belly on them or were they skinny like the ones in the wash?
[signature]
Fairly skinny for the most part. A couple have been finding food though. The LMB and SMB certainly weren't though [Wink] All of them were fat little pigs.

Everything was catch and release though I did ponder keeping a couple stripers to smoke. I just wasn't feeling the energy so didn't.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Im headed up around Echo next weekend after the fair.
[signature]
nice report [Smile]
[signature]
Everything was in pretty darn shallow waters.

Those stripers get in the way when trying to bass fish. [Wink]

Seems like a few stripers hang close to the LMB beds this time of year looking for easy pickins. Just too much casting for me.....makes me set down my coffee cup!

Looks like you all had a great time together on the water!
BaySport
[signature]
That they do. We 100% prefer to be casting all day long verse trolling/bait fishing. That and as soon as we start trolling/bait fishing Madi is out cold and I am by myself. lol We did troll for a couple hours messing around for something different to do. Long enough to eat lunch and yes I was by myself, she was out in no time. Only caught one Striper dragging Jensen deep six divers behind the boat and Alabama rigs.

I was supprised how much the water level had gone down since the last time we were out. A BUNCH. Had to be careful. A couple spots I was use to being able to go without worry I had to worry. North end was too muddy to mess around. I imagine the with recent winds is why. Only spent a hour in Overton before we bagged out of there.
[signature]
Best report I've seen i a while, thank you!!
[signature]
Thanks for the report!

I'm bad about sleeping on boats. Growing up on a boat, I spent many hours sleeping while cruising around. Now, an idling boat knocks me out faster than Ambien. If I'm not driving, I'm done for.
[signature]
Thats funny right there [laugh]
[signature]
Great report, thanks for sharing.

In the spring, the new shad are smaller so sometimes the fish key in on the smaller lures and results are better.
[signature]