Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easter at Gov Wash 2012
We got to Government Wash around noon and there were tons of jet skis. I asked all the fisherman there how the bite was and they said it stopped as soon as all the commotion started. I set up a Carolina rig with bait and cast out figuring if its out there long enough I should catch something, 3 hours later with barley a few nibbles and having to yell and wave at every jet skier that thinks its cool to shoot down a shore line full of fishermen. I decide to hike as far away from the craziness, on the first cast with my Pop-r caught a nice striper. When I get back to camp I start to reel my bait rig in for the last time and a jet skier goes right on top of my line 5ft from shore and runs my entire spool of line out and I heard my rod make a cracking sound. Last time I go to the lake on a holiday weekend, some people just don't have any respect for our sport it seems.
[inline Image04092012095543.jpg]
[signature]
man, what a bummer. its about that time
[signature]
that is why i go to echo bay... get away from all the retards
[signature]
I'm glad I didnt go wash.. I was planning on it but I decided to try 33 hole instead... i could hear the jetskis off in the distance but they weren't coming near me at all.
[signature]
I hear that !!
[signature]
Yeah 33 hole is where I would have gone but I had family and friends with me that wouldnt have wanted to hike down there. How was the bite at 33?
[signature]
33 Hole was pretty slow... but I'm new to the area so I'm still figuring out what works. I did manage to catch two stripers on a carolina rig with chovies (one 22" and one 13"). There were some other people fishing nearby and I didn't see them catch anything but they left around 4 and I didn't catch anything until about 5:30.

I didn't think the hike was bad but there wasn't really much flat ground near the water where you could setup chairs and stuff. I could see how that might be a problem if you had a bunch of non-fisherman beach goers with you. My wife tagged along with our two pooches and they seemed to have a good time regardless
[signature]
One of the reasons I like to go out at graylight to fish Gov't Wash. The Jetards usually don't show up until around noon after recovering from their late night hangovers.

BTW: Years ago when I windsurfed out at Hemingway, the Jetards would like to come close and try to knock you off your board. One day my windsurfing friend had enough and swung his boom around knocked the jetard off his vehicle rendering him unconscious. He then have to save his arse and pull him out of the water. After that, they left use along.
[signature]
Jetards, my new favorite word.
[signature]