Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving to Ely for the Summer
I enjoy all types of fishing. I wonder what to expect from this area. I have a fly rod & tackle, whisker fish rod & tackle, light median & medheavy rods with spin set up. I am wondering what fish are there. I heard there are some slimy pikers in the area? Any help would be great thanks.
[signature]
Comins lake = pike
Cave Lake = planted rainbows with the occasional nice brown
Illipah= one of the best trout lakes in nevada

I love eastern nevada. we used to have a house in mcgill
[signature]
I read up on Comins and what I don't get is they want all the pike out of there, but you can't eat them due to high mercury. You can't keep fish you are not going eat. I think they should do a catch and kill like they have in Utah Lake. I guess I could justify using them as bait for more pike.
[signature]
comins is catch and kill actually. i have fileted a few pike out of there and there isn't any mercury in them. friends of mine ate them and loved em.
[signature]
Fished comins for the first time saturday for about 2 hours from shore. Caught 4 pike and played with what looked like a 3+ lb largemouth on a bed but wouldnt take.

Threw a 5" Owner swimbait in AYU and had a blast. The Pike would follow it up to the shore and just sit there. the Four caught just came blind casting and swimming it back. Finally lost my swimbait to the teeth of one of them and left.

I want to go back...
[signature]
Wondering if you have any tips for Illipah. Im goin to Ely this weekend and I have been wanting to fish Illipah for years and i am going to go on Sat for sure. I have been told by several people it rocks!
[signature]
Thanks for reporting Tim! Nice to hear from ya again. Hope all is well.
[signature]
troll rapala's... colors firetiger, orange, black/gold
[signature]
Thanks , I went to Sportsman yesterday and did get 4 new rapalas and firetiger was one of the colors I also picked up a brand new pontoon boat. I am totally stoked and im ready to rip some lips.
[signature]
there are some large browns in illipah. typically where the creek meets the reservoir
[signature]
How big were the pike, heading that way saturday to do some fishing.
[signature]
most are small, but i had one up to the side of my lund boat that was no kidding 6-7' long one time.
[signature]
Thanks, they all eat the same big or small, but I like to think that I can hook a monster.
[signature]