Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fajardo Fishing Week #3 June
Happy Fathers Day to all you Salty Dogs!!!!!!

Here in PR the weather has been great, all most no rain, prevailing south winds with almost flat seas and really hot days.

We have been fishing the PR trench and even did a little stop in St Thomas to visit the Red Hook area.

Of the times we went out scored some mahis and bonitos, but no billfish. The south drop of PR also was producing some mahis ( thanks for the reports from the Lockwood crew). The charter boats in st thomas were also fishing close scoring more of the light tackel kings and jacks.

At the dock A at American Yacht Harbour the reports were slow for the past May moon ,Some boats were going out 11 days in a row and only seen 8 fish which is low by North drop standards.

We will be fishing hard the following week to see the rising June moon and report on the Billfish bite.

I have a good story to tell. After 16 years in the charter business and over 30 years fishing there is always a first time for everything. That is why the book of fishing is written down day by day , charter by charter.
"Rod and his 6 year old son both experienced fisherman from Florida, want to go deep sea fishing with heavy tackle, but they taste is aimed towards Aston Martins and their pocket is for Toyota. Technically they want to fish half days at half price.
We at Bill Wraps thinking that our client specially kids deserve a nice day in the water and a shot to score a pellagic fish settled a short half day one time offer special price. Fishing is fishing and is not harvesting, collecting or catching. Also the Atlantic Ocean is very vast and we do not have fenced ranches to heard the fish in to rodeo them later. We went out in our fully rigged Hatteras 36 with four 50s, one 30 and three teasers reels. we racked my favorite PR trench are for 3 hours and get Skunked. At the dock the client says his dissapoint ment of not catching fish, so I explained to him that deep sea fishing is like any other fishing some times you get skunked. He explains to me that in Florida were he is from deep sea fishing is dropping lines in, that for me is called deep droping, bottom fishing, vertical jigging etc.
The big problem was at the time of payment his credit card was declined 3 times and he was still complaining about payment and saying no fish no pay. At the end payment was made with a grind in his Face .
What we learned, never let anyone put price to your services and that deep sea fishing with heavy tackel is dropping lines in over a thousand foot of water. Better bring the Kristals next time. Ja jA.

till next bite

Capt Luis Iglesias aka Church
[signature]