Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chilkoot and Chilkat river fishing report
The chilkoot river in Haines alaska is still clear and reasonably low despite recent rain. The sockeye run is going strong but you need to get your timing just right. Dolly Varden fishing is picking up as the weather warms and no catches of sea run cutthroat yet. The lutak/chilkoot inlet beach fishing is picking up for dolly varden halibut are in the inlet currently. The pink run should start in July but will be a smaller run than last year.the silver run should be decent. The Chilkat is silty as usual and the sockeye run looks weak although the king run is supposed to be above average. The pink run is supposed to be small this year but silvers should be decent.
Tight lines~
Hainesfisherman
[signature]
Just ent fishing at chilkoot for about 20min caught a 9 pound sockeye on a 7/8 red pixee.
Tight lines~
Hainesfisherman[fishon]
[signature]
If you have questions leave them on the board or sent me a pm If your question is to specific to answer on the board withougt giving stuff away I may pm you.
Tight lines~
Hainesfisherman
[signature]
[quote Hainesfisherman]Just ent fishing at chilkoot for about 20min caught a 9 pound sockeye on a 7/8 red pixee.
Tight lines~
Hainesfisherman[fishon][/quote]

I was surfing the internet for Haines, AK fishing and found your thread. This was a good idea to post fishing updates for the Chilkoot and Chilkat. Hainesfisherman, do you still live in Haines? I do as well, thought I would say hi. We probably know each other. During the Sockeye run I fish the Chilkoot when I do not have a charter booked. Small world.

Chad Clark
www.catchthekraken.com
Haines, Alaska
[signature]
Welcome to the site Chad, please take a minute to read this thread:
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...st=1010674
We welcome all charters and guides to post here as long as they can follow a couple of rules. We have a lot of fishermen that ask about fishing in Alaska all the time, so getting your name out there is a good thing, IMO. I few years back, I took the big drive up to your fair city and was happy with what I saw there, very nice community.
WH2
[signature]
Funnily enough I hadn't looked at this website since 2013 but was doing some digging into some more obscure fishing around town when my own post popped up as a search result and I saw your reply.... I've lived here in the summer my whole life and this year is no exception, I'll be around through the start of september.
[signature]
Might need to start putting up these reports again haha
[signature]