Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
crawdad cove 7/3-7/4
[cool] day 1, pretty slow, hot, windy day, managed one 21" striper on sardines, the next morning hit the water at gray light I tried to fish the massive boil goin on, it actually woke me up, I was sleeping in the bed of my truck. but they were just out of casting distance, I did manage one loner 18incher on the A-rig and then a 1.5lb largemouth bass on the A-rig. I just couldn't reach them *really needs a boat*. so I said piss on it and set up 2 bait rigs and ended up with 3 decent catfish and dinkster striper before we got blown off the water yesterday. not to bad 3 stripers 3 catfish and a largemouth bass and we missed a bunch to. [fishon] i'll post some pix later. [fishon]
[signature]
Right on, Syn. Thanks for the report. I had some striper for dinner last weekend and I've been craving it since. Mmmmm. The stripers are hanging deep during this hot weather and it can be challenging to find them, even from a boat. Glad you had fun [fishin]
[signature]
I wanted to add something about the fish I caught, the catfish stomachs were full of vegetation, anyone know if that is a normal thing this time of year? also one of the stripers had a rock in its belly about the size of a quarter. these fish will eat anything I guess. [crazy]
[signature]
The threadfin shad are hard to find and the gizzard shad are to big to eat. So the catfish are eating plants and the stripers are after the crawfish. The crawfish are on the bottom and thats the fish ate the rock (and the crawfish)
[signature]