Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to camp
My wife's got a three-day weekend this week so we're planning on doing some camping Sun-Tues, does anyone have any good spots they go to?

My goal is somewhere where the temps will be pretty decently lower, and there's some good areas to hike around. Obviously, nearby fishing is also a goal.

From my googling I think Meadow Valley or Cleve Creek would fit the bill, so if you have any experience with those, please share, but any place with cooler temps (and hopefully smaller crowds) is the goal, so suggest away!

Also, since I'm a lazy lurking board member, and everyone loves a fish pic, here's a pic of decent little LMB I caught a few months back north of Calville.
[signature]
[cool]Take a look at Echo Canyon outside of Pioche. About a 3 hour drive decent fishing and hiking.
[signature]
Next time you get time to go camping check out Kirch (aka Sunnyside) Trout and bass action, if you go midweek crowds not a concern, much cooler temps. About 2 hours north of Vegas.
[signature]
I would recommend you head to Utah and hit Kolob, its about 2.5 hrs away. It sits reasonably high and the temps will be much lower (80's). There is also a lot of shade and camp areas. The fishing is hit or miss, there are a lot of trout in there but you have to find what they are hitting on. This time of year is tough in most nevada areas because of the heat, crowds and weed growth. Another good option is Cave lake. Where ever you decide to go make sure you get there early as hell, the camp sites fill up really fast for the weekend.
[signature]