Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Basin bass action?
I'm working out near Roosevelt during the week and would like to get into some good fishing, bass would be preferred but I don't discriminate, I was wondering where would be the best bet for some descent fish. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
[signature]
There are lots of good lakes in that area. Pelican, bullock, cottonwood, and I've heard bottle hollow has bass now?
[signature]
I've heard from some of the locals that pelican has some decent largies but is hard to fish from shore, also that bottle hollow is a reservation lake, is the license to fish the reservation lakes worth the money?
[signature]
Yeah I haven't been up to pelican in a while, we did catch a bunch of smallmouth at starvation though, you could try that. And I've always just bought 1 day licenses for bottle hollow since I don't go up there very often, but I always thought it was worth it, I've never fished there for bass though, just lake trout, but my dad said they have caught a bunch of decent sized largemouth from there lately.
[signature]
If you do decide to pick up the Rez license then you could also hit [size 2]
Midview Reservoir (Lake Borham). It's just North of the Brigeland turn off between Duchesne and Myton.

That lake still holds the current state record for smallies.
[/size]
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.