Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help on ultralight spinning reel...
Hi hows everyone! Haven't been fishing for a while, just got back into it recently. I bought a Pflueger Trion Ultralight reel from Bass Pro Shops recently and when I went to spool some line on it the line doesn't seem to want to lay down evenly. I never had problems like this before on my other spinning reels. I usually use fireline but on this ultralight I used 4lb test mono. I took off the line and redid it again and still its laying funny, with more line toward the back of the spool and tapers toward the front. I have a pic describing what I mean.

Could it be the reels gears are defective?
Oops the pic didn't show up. Here's a link:
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/data/823/medium/IMG_2187_Sized.jpg"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/data/823/medium/IMG_2187_Sized.jpg[/url]
[signature]
the way the line lays on the spool depends greatly on how the reel works.

some reels have a pumping action and others dont. those that do tends to deliver the line to the spool more evenly, those that dont tend to wind up where ever the bail is set by the manufacture. This meens it can wind in the front back or middle of the spool.

watch to see if your spool travels up and down when you are reeling in.

Having a couple hundred reels of my own I have seen this many times from different modles and manufactures. I am not aware of having your model or make of reel so I cant offer any first hand experiene in that perspective.
[signature]
Hi Dave yes the spool does move up and down as I spool it, just like a regular spinning reel. I was worried that I might have gotten a defective reel or someting but it seems from your experience this is pretty common depending on the reel.

It really odd though this is the first time I've seen this. I will try to spool on some braided line on the spare spool to see if it still does that.
[signature]