Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Mead (North End) 8-16-12
Every weather station I checked said 2-3mph of wind in the AM and 5-7 in the afternoon... NOT. Got off from working all night and decided to head out to Echo since it was overcast and it has been over a month since the last time I was up there. (Last couple of trips has been Mohave and the California Delta). Anyways got to the ramp at 8am and the wind is 10+ and never went below it. 10-20+ all day. What a pain controlling the boat when one is trying to Bass fish. Trolling and drifting for Stripers would of been a better plan.

The pier out to the marina is now on the North side. There still isn't a ton of room getting out to the South though. Better but they still need to move more stuff. You have to go between the shoreline and the refueling pier or maybe it is the sewage dump station to get out of there. 10-11 foot of water is what I seen cutting it close to that pier.

Fought the wind but still caught a few. 4 LMB, 6 SMB and a couple accidental Bluegills (big ones). Would of stayed longer but was getting tired of the wind plus the wife called saying a storm was heading our way. Didn't see much in the sky but decided to call it and bail mid afternoon.

Broke in my new G.Loomis GL2 rod that I got for spinnerbaits with a couple good ones (Love this rod!!!). Madi landed several of the LMB and several smallies to boot.

[Image: LakeMead_08-16-12_001.jpg][Image: LakeMead_08-16-12_005.jpg][Image: LakeMead_08-16-12_008.jpg]
[signature]
Fatty on the spinnerbait! Good work man...
[signature]
Thanks for the report, sometimes it pays off to battle the wind.
[signature]