Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bite Was On @ Callville - Sunday 8-26
Went out for a short morning with Erawk today. Launched at Callville at about 5:30am and we were off the water by 11am.

We spent a part of the morning bass fishing, but only managed 5 I think. Nothing of size. With the bass bite slow, we went looking for something else more cooperative.

We found the stripers boiling in open water and spent a bit chasing schools around. The action was fast and furious while we were on the fish, and we ended up putting 19 in the boat in maybe less than an hour. All of a sudden, chaos turned into calm as the stripers abandoned the topwater bite and headed deep. That was our cue to head home, and we took off just as the lake started looking like a zoo.

Here was our finished product-
[inline IMG_01616.jpg]

[inline IMG_0614.JPG]

Tasty!
[signature]
Awesome. I have only launched/fished out of Callville a couple times. Might have to fish out of that area again one of these days and learn that area better. HATE the walk up that ramp though...
[signature]
We were out near Callville Friday night and saw some good action. Found a lot of shad hiding in some of the coves but we hit the water in the afternoon and fished until late. it was WAAAAY too hot and the beer was nice and cold. Probably head back out Sat morning to take a stab at some more boils. Not a lot of big fish but the super spook was the key when they were hitting top water.
[signature]
It was nice to meet you at the dock on friday, Billy. Thanks for the cold ones. I slept the night away on the beach and got up early to fish. I bought a cot recently and although it is not as comfortable as my bed, it sure beats the boat.

I only caught a few bass that morning and wasn't able to hook up on the few striper boils that I saw. That's why I wanted to head back out Sunday.... for revenge. I think I got it, haha. We were throwing spook jr's and a pointer.
[signature]
I might launch out of Callville Saturday for something different. To be seen. Are you all heading up through the narrows and fishing up that way or staying south of the narrows and north of Callville?

With it being a holiday weekend and all might not and just hit Echo again.
[signature]
i am leaving on thursday and going to be up in echo until monday. if you want to get away from all the idiots on the holiday weekend, go to echo
[signature]
Agree. Why I launch out of Echo 98% of the time regardless of a holiday or not. Been jonsin' to hit something different for a change since I have spent so much time up north but thinking this might not be the best weekend to be thinking that way. lol
[signature]
Yeah, this may not be the best weekend for callville...

We were in between Callville and the narrows. The little boat we are rocking doesn't really have the range to go through the narrows. We could do it, but that would be quite the drive at 8 or 9 MPH.
[signature]