Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Birthday Strawberry Trip! 8-25-12
So it was my birthday sat and i decided to take a break from the river and head on up to the berry and try my birthday good luck... turned out to be a pretty good choice! We got up there about noon and starting trying our luck out a little deeper where i thought the fish would be, turns out they had already started to head back into the shores so we started picking them up about 30 feet from shore. Fished the shores for a few hours and had about 15 or so all in the 2 to 3 lbs range. ( tried spinners and some flies but as always seems garlic powerbait off the bottom was the trick) Then we switched it up to minnows and started drifting to try and get some nice cutties, was able to pick up 3 or 4 of those bad boys before dark. (no pictures of the cuts unfortunately ) Ended up keeping 5 rainbows between the two of us frying them up for dinner. Definitely not the best day at the berry but all in all a pretty good birthday trip!
[signature]
Happy Birthday!

What part of the lake were you at?
[signature]
Good to hear someone have a good day up at the Berry. It seems the summer has been exceptionally slow up there... or at least different.

Well done!
[signature]
Ya it has slown down alot! But some fish is better than no fish!
[signature]
I didn't find it slow at all, maybe I was lucky. I do know I had to cruise to find the good location, but once found, catching was on.
That last picture looks like behind the store at Soldier Creek (sail boat in the back ground?)
[signature]
Of course it wasnt slow for flygoddess, the queen of strawberry! Im sure you have forgotten more than I will ever know... An yes that is the bay in soldier creek. We ended the night there
[signature]
I am by no means a queen of Strawberry. That lake has an attitude for sure.
I just meant we were there Saturday and did pretty good, but we were on the Strawberry side and left before all h%$# broke out.
We were at that bay on the SC side about a month ago and the weeds were terrible and the chublets were taking over.
We got to hit that lake at the same time Tyler at some point. Get enough people out there and it is easy to target what works[Wink]
[signature]
Yes absolutely! I need some lessons in Stillwater fly fishing. I am just lacking the confidence in Stillwater flies... The soldier creek bay has produced some pretty good days for me up until like you said the weeds took over then I would be lucky to get one or two. I think it's obviously time to invest in a pontoon to get myself off the shores soni can get where the fish are.
[signature]