Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to take the boat?
So I am wondering where is a good place to take the boat next Sunday/Monday. Will be camping over and am curious if anyone knows any good places?
[signature]
Lots of good places to go camping and boating. I assume you want to fish too??

Maybe a little more specific in your request -- your primary interest, who's goin', how far ya wanna go, stuff like that.

I'll throw one out for ya -- Yuba, Oasis campground, not the purtiest spot in the state, but good water sports and the outside chance for a big pike. Great time of the year to be out and about. I'm sure someone on the forum will have some good suggestions for ya.

Hope ya have a good time.
[signature]
Oh yes. Sorry..

I live in Bountiful and would like to keep it within 2 hours driving distance. Fishing is our primary goal. If we can have a bit of fun doing something else like shooting Rabbits that would be nice to but primarily for fishing.
[signature]
A spot I really like that is about your two hours away plus a little is Oneita Reservoir in Idaho just north of Preston. It is full of Walleye and small mouth plus perch and gill and a few bows once in a while. There is a great campground right on the lake it's called Maple Grove. The narrows below the dam has some great flyfishing and you can take tubes and float the river for any of your crew that doesn't like to fish full time. It's a fun spot a little crowded in the summer not sure how it will be now. Good luck. J
[signature]