Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing Fort Lauderdale Wahoo Happy Day Today
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][/size][/font]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Fort LauderdaleFishing on Happy Day Today with Capt. Zsak[/font][/size]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3] [/size][/font]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Before Tropical Storm Isaac left South Florida, it depositedbetween 12-20 inches of rain from Key West to Palm Beach with windgusts up to 60 mph, leaving havoc and 24,000 residents without power for threedays. Brian Fitzgerald from Boston with friends, Mike and Jim, chartered the Happy DayToday along with the Topshotfishing team for some deep sea sport fishing herein Fort Lauderdale FL. As we left the inlet, the color of the water was not typical – due tothe storm, the waters were very murky. [/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]We put two plainers down, one with a 3 ½ blue reflectordrone spoon and the other with a black and purple sea witch in front of adouble hook Bonito strip, and three Ballyhoos for surface baits. As I arrived at the sea buoy that sits off ofFort Lauderdale,the murky water extended far out to the east. I trolled over some of our artificial wrecks with no luck. On the radio one Kingfish was reported beingcaught in 380 ft. of water, which is very unusual. Normally, Kingfish are caught off of thereefs from 70-200 ft. of water. I headedoff shore - two miles east of the sea buoy where I saw a color change in thewater going from a greenish brown to a deep blue sitting in 675 ft. ofwater. As we trolled down the colorchange, I could see birds in front of me working the edge. Our first bite was a Bonito on one of oursurface baits. Finally, we ran acrosssome wood debris floating – here we caught a couple of Mahi Mahi’s. We caught a couple more Bonitos along withsome Skip Jacks. As we made a circle tocome back on the floating debris, our two plainer rods bent over – immediatelywe knew what type of fish they were. The rod tips were bouncing up and down, asthe fish made their initial run, which is a good indication that at the end ofthe line would be a Wahoo. The Wahoo,with their streamlined bodies and vertical stripes, are the fastest fish in theocean clocked at 64 mph. As the plainercame closer to the boat, we could see the colors of the fish – purple, silverand deep blue - and they shook their heads back and forth, causing the rod tipto go up and down. Jackson, our mate,grabbed the leader to wire in the fish, the hook pulled off of the firstWahoo. As the other plainer broke thesurface, we could see the Wahoo – this one did not get away - Jackson gaffed this Wahoo and put it in thefish box. [/font][/size]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]With a Smile on Brian’s face and plenty of fish for dinnerthat night, it was time to head back to the dock at Bahia Mar 801 SeabreezeBlvd. Fort Lauderdale 33316.[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]For a successful and adventurous deep seafishing charter in Fort Lauderdale FL for Sailfish, Shark, Bonito,Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo, Tuna, Mahi Mahi and Grouper contactCaptain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or email us at [/size][/font][url "mailto:tzsak@bellshouth.net"][font "Times New Roman"][#0000ff][size 3]tzsak@bellshouth.net[/size][/#0000ff][/font][/url][size 3][font "Times New Roman"] Website: [/font][/size][url "http://www.topshotfishing.com/"][font "Times New Roman"][#0000ff][size 3]www.topshotfishing.com[/size][/#0000ff][/font][/url][size 3][font "Times New Roman"]. [/font][/size]
[signature]