Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crawdad Cove 9/7-9/8
finally got back on the water. haven't been since 4th of July. we had a spur of the moment one night/one day trip. hit the cove at about 4:30pm 9/7, not a soul in sight except for the people in the camper who are having a very "extended" camping trip... we got a great spot, set up camp started soaking Sardines got a few take-downs but couldn't stick one. so after hearing coyotes howling and cackling all night while sleeping in the bed of my truck [:|] then chasing them out of my campsite (I slept wit my machete by my side lol just in case one got bold) I started the morning at the butt crack of dawn, (even before the pro's bass anglers showed up [cool]) still needed my head lamp. I started soaking dino's again got some more take-downs still nothing, so I set up my second rod with my top waters for nada.. drop shot, no-way...lipless, nope, swimbait, not havin it.... tied on a chrome Rattlin' Rapala second cast 20" striper, a few more cast's 16" striper which fought way harder than the 20" I thought I had a smallmouth on, cause I had a few decent ones follow up the Rapala. that was it for me, I got hot and went back to soaking dinos, and shrimp. I did have a few bites on the shrimp and did hook up on a whole shrimp but broke it of after a few pulls. nice day on the water though, a bit muggy but it was better than sitting at home doing nothing. [fishon] I think the fish knew the Bass Tourney was goin on LOL[sly]

[Image: 422691_526747084019051_254636084_n.jpg]

[Image: 270795_526747110685715_1731514857_n.jpg]
[signature]
The fish didn't get that message up north out of Echo [angelic]
[signature]