Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lower Weber
Fished the Weber on Saturday. (I checked out the water quality on Friday after a business trip---the water looked great). But it rained Friday night. The water was stained and by 11 am the water became more stained with lots of debris flowing down the river. I was after a big fish, so I threw streamers. Caught 14" and 16" browns on Midnight Fire bugger (Thanks FOD for the pattern). Threw Black Dungeon---no fish. Next, Olive Dungeon.Many chasers and caught 18" and 21 1/2" browns. The goal was a 20" plus brown. Did not nymph. All the fish I caught or missed went aerial when hitting my streamer. I have never seen this before.I believe due to the water quality the fish could not get a good look at the streamer. Therefore, when the streamer came into sight, the fish used extra energy to hit the streamer. The 14" brown hit the streamer went aerial and landed on the bank. I rarely fish the Weber. Learned alot. I am going back for more fun. No pictures unless it is a 25" plus brown.
[signature]
Its about that time of the year, love to throw streamers at those big browns, were you fishing in the morning or later in the evening.Thinking about heading up to the weber this week if anybody wants to go let me know.
[signature]
Fished in the morning. By 11am, water conditions were fair.
[signature]
Ok thanks I tried a week ago and got nothing to hit Ill have to give it another try.
[signature]
When? I work Thursday.
[signature]
Im going to go saturday morning hopefully, you should come up if you can. Or I might try later on in the evening one of these nights this week.
[signature]