Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Ice?
Anyone have an ice report at Willard? Wanting to take my son there on New Years.
[signature]
Its capped ice is safe in the n marina and the s marina other than that couldnt tell ya but id bet its safe in most places its been 10deg last 3 nights here in willard and the bay was almost comp capped last week with safe ice in the places mentioned so if you go let us know I love them iced channel cats n eyes !
[signature]
The ice could be better but it is capped in the North marina, as mentioned. I was by myself and did not want to chance it, so I walked out on one of the boat docks. It had a inch of clear ice with two inches or so of frozen slush on top of that. I was standing there when two guys drove down the ramp and got out and pulled their sled onto the ice and after drilling a few test holes walked right out into the middle and started fishing. I think it is safe but be careful, there are some warm water springs toward the East side of the marina and the channel is always iffy. Of course if you want to catch fish you should go somewhere else.[unimpressed]
[signature]
That was you Sunday on the ice at the dock there by the boat ramp?? Wow...woulda stopped and said "hello" if I'd a known. That was me and a friend fishing that day. Didn't catch any or get any bites for over an hour and then decided to not waste any more time fishing, so we went to Pineview. The ice at Willard was around 3" out where we went, but towards the mouth of the harbor it looked alot thinner. Then we went to Pineview to catch some fish, which we did... it was a perchfest. As fast as you got your stuff down, up would come 1-2 fish every time! Small one tho'! Did you end up doing any good??
[signature]
I was there on a Saturday but yes I was on the dock. No luck for me either but I was seeing fish come through on my finder. It this you in the attached pic?
[signature]