Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 12/31...
Fished just west of the lodge. Sketchy ice....2-3" at best. As we were walking out saw a four-wheeler go in as they got most the way across the bay. The two people got out..... The wheeler is now underwater structure. Fishing was very slow. With the thin ice and watching this happen, didn't stick around long. BE CAREFUL.
[signature]
It sucks to hear somebody lost a four wheeler but seriously, a bit of common sense would have saved it. They are lucky there's not a recovery mission in progress instead. Think people, think! It's not worth it for a few fish but hey, maybe your just trying to help out the gene pool.......
[signature]
What day was this? We are headed up there tomorrow. FYI same thing happened at Chesterfield Friday night we went out to help them and there argo and enclosed trailer went through the ice, lost the trailer but got the argo out the next morning! Scary stuff this time of year at first ice! glad they got out okay!
[signature]
just think that could be a kid keep a eye on the little ones .
[signature]
It was this morning, 12/31. As we were walking out I told my dad that guy was braver than I was.....30 seconds later the wheeler was gone. This is the second year in a row I've been on early ice and saw 'toys' go through the ice. Saw the rescue of the guy on the sled at Fish Lake last year. On a good note we ended up stopping at Utah lake this afternoon and brought a garbage bag full of white bass home.
[signature]
We went to chicken creek this morning. About 4" of ice. There was 2 of us we caught 5 Slot cuts we put back and 3 bow we brought home. We were there from about 10 AM to 3 PM.
[signature]