Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
12 Volt Lights in your Portables?
What are you using?

Any Pictures or Recommendations?....[Image: bobwink.gif]
[signature]
Welcome to the site Whitetail. What kind of portable lights are you talking about? For ice fishing at night? If that is what you are talking about, I've just used one of those Colman propane laterns, on the rare times that I have fished at night.
[signature]
LOL, I've never heard them called portables, sorry. I've never used LED Light Strips, maybe some other member can help answer your question.
WH2
[signature]
I got a few of some LED flashlights that have a whole bank of lights on one side, and a magenetic end. Haven't been nightfishing (yet) to really need them But I think they'll be able to "snap" to the tent poles

Now if you're looking for something to illuminate the water - that's a different story. Have seen options for underwater lighting systems - that I could see would work for bringing in say - the nighttime crappie under ice.

Would love to hear if anyone is trying something like that. We used to fish by lighted docks and it was always a hot-shot, especially after dark
(never forget the restaurant that had a bug-zapper over the water. ALWAYS a scurry of hungry fish below.
most anglers in michigan are still using white gas, many have gone to bottle gas, for those of us who stay out only about an hour after dark, we use battery head lamps.
[signature]
[Wink] I just found some awsum 12 Volt LED Lights for portable fish houses!

www.northernbrightlights.com

They have a online store that has many different products.

[signature]
that looks pretty good light.

I looked at a portable this past weekend. it is a clam - nannook. deffenantly out of my pocket book range for some time to come. But if I am going to get one, it will be one that I will be comfortable in for sure. that one seems to fit me best.
I have a flip over style ice hut from Wild. I bought a 4 head under counter led light from Harbor freight for $10 and it works pretty good. The light itself uses 6 AAA batteries and i wedge it in between the canvas and the aluminum bar of the hut. The product # is Item #96794.
[signature]
I don't ice fish but I have used this in land tents. Just wanted to throw this out there. They are inexpensive and bright (Harbor Freight has a sale coming up where they are $2.99.)

They have a magnet on back or a hanger plus a straight on single flash light. Last a long time on a couple of batteries

http://www.harborfreight.com/27-led-port...67227.html

Oh, and they are small, so easy to pack several. But, not needed, they are bright.
[signature]
does it come with batteries?
[signature]
I went down to the auto suply store and picked up a 12 volt light blub and one of those clip on big round aluminum work lights. I cut off the plug and put on a couple alligator clips. I picked up a small 12 volt lawn mower battery.

I had so much light youd of thought you was at a foot ball stadium.
[signature]