Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone Make it to Strawberry today
I was wondering if anyone made it to the Berry today. How much new snow was brought by the last storm? Tough Getting around? Any info would help! I was thinking of heading up in the morning with my two boys, If the snow is not to deep.
Thanks
[signature]
I'm curious too. Wondering if the road to marina is in halfway decent shape. Also wondering if the questionable ice around the marina is solid now (compared to a few weeks ago). Thanks.
[signature]
The road to Mud Creek was plowed good. I would imagine it was the same to the marina. We fished Mud Creek. 20' of water. Seen 8 fish on the cam, but they did not want our offerings. So we got skunked. They would just swim around the bait, and really never seemed like they were hungry. The snow was just below my knee. There was slush in spots, but we setup away from it. Had a tent and a heater. There never was to much water in the tent. Ice was at least 8" where we were. Good luck, hope that helps you guys.
[signature]
Thanks weiner4chopz! knee deep snow pulling a sled is a tough job!!!! Thanks again for the reply.
[signature]
Little bit of a work out. Just glad I've been hitting the gym lately, makes a lot easier. But yes, it was still tough sledding!
[signature]
I went to the berry last sunday 1/6 there was 6inchs of ice. at the ladders no snow or slush. Between the three of us we iced 9 we had rainbows at 15&17in. and the rest were cuts 2 under 15 the rest were in the slot and one 20in. and i cant count how many we missed or got off a foot from the hole[Image: sad.gif] it was a great trip
Were going up in the am. can report from the lake if need or if ya wanna join me and friends more the marry just pm. me always looking for a good time
[signature]
Went today, roads have been plowed 8in of good ice 12in of snow 4 wheelers had a rough time gettin around but the sled did a great job for us. they were hittin the best on minnow meat close to the top. we were at 40ft the was fish on the sonar but was not hittin hard you had to pay attention.....................................................................
GOOD LUCK!!!
------------------------[fishin]---------------------------------------
[signature]
Thanks for the reports and updates guys!
[signature]
Went yesterday to the ladders. Measure around 10-12" of ice, around 3-6" of snow. Had a killer time. Got there around 8:00am and just fished around 10-12" deep. Between the 4 that went, we iced around 40 fish. Buddy of mine pulled 2, 20" cutts through. Good times. Using tube jigs or paddle bugs with crawler, meal and wax worms.
[signature]