Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiny Tots or Kastmasters for ice fishing
Last weekend I tried ice fishing for the first time and now I'm hooked. I want to go one more time before the ice is unstable. Have any of you fishermen used tiny tots or Kastmasters for ice fishing? Do you tip them with a meal worm? or shirmp?
My friends had pretty good luck with shrimp. I want to use one pole for powerbait and the other pole with a Tiny tot jig or a Kastmaster. Or are they both good? I'd appreciate some opinions before I go fishing again.

thanks in advance
[signature]
There's a vast array of ice fishing lures that work well. Your taget species determines what will work best or not. Spoons such as the Kastmaster, Swedish Pimple, Slender spoons, Buckshots, etc. work well at times for trout, perch, bass, and walleye. Jigs tipped with plastic work well for about everything that swims, just size it appropriately. Small teardrop jigs, ice flies, Genz Worms, Rat Finkies tipped with worms, wax worms, meal worms, Power Bait, or fish flesh (where legal) work great. If your friends were catching fish with shrimp, use it. Fishing is an experiment every time out to see what the fish want and how they want it. I've not bought a lure yet that I haven't caught at least some fish on. Get on the web and check out ice fishing videos to see how professionals do it. I suggest searching "Lindy Fish Ed" "InDepthOutdoors" "Lindner Media" "In-fisherman" "Northland Tackle". Good stuff there.
[signature]