Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sunset park 4/6/13 and 4/7/13
went both days this weekend and got skunked both times.any tips for sunset park bass?
[signature]
Is the construction complete ? is the chain-link fence gone ?
[signature]
yup they fixed it up nice and stocked a bunch of carp to keep it clean.
[signature]
The carp were always in there, they really make a mess of things this time of year with about 10-20 males pursuing one female. got some big ones in there my sons PB there a mirror carp just shy of 9lbs

I caught bass with an un-weighted berkley gulp alive red worm on 4lb test while fishing for trout, and I've targeted bass there with shakey heads with soft plastics, and I even had a little luck using large trout patterned swim baits. key seems to be a slow presentation. Good luck out there! here's some pix from a few of my outings at Sunset Park[fishon]

8lb 10oz mirror carp
[Image: 25286_117095888317508_3030851_n.jpg]

shakey head bass
[Image: 31271_121390894554674_5755479_n.jpg]

Berkley gulp alive bass
[Image: 26156_111790848848012_5199453_n.jpg]
[signature]
What kind of bait/rig do you use for carp.I would really like to catch one?Also nice bass i think i am going to try a texas rig for them.
[signature]
CORN! Corn is the carp slayer Smile put on a bullet weight, tie on a swivel to the main line, then a one foot leader with a hook (I use circle hooks)--string on about 5 or 6 six corn kernals and drop it into a chummed area...they can't resist it!
[signature]
Quote:CORN! Corn is the carp slayer

[Wink] NUFF SAID. [fishon] Good luck out there. [cool]
[signature]
here is a easy way to catch carp... just tie a single hook on your line, no weight. buy a loaf of break... take out the middle part of the bread and mush it around your hook like powerbait....

guarantee you catch a catfish or carp...

best thing about it, it is cheap!
[signature]
That's one of my favorites too. Buy the crappiest, most processed white bread you can find. Like Wonder Bread or something. And just like lvfishingdude said, no crust, just form a ball a little smaller than a dime around a small hook.

You can make a bunch of little pea sized balls too and throw them out for chum. Chum with the crusts too (they don't stay on the hook well).

Try both at the same time. Chum a can of corn and a bunch of tiny bread balls, and you will be hauling in carp in no time.
[signature]
I was there last week, playing with the dink trout. I really think it is a waste to stock fish as small as they are. The majority of them are 6-8" long and about an 1-1.5" in diameter. It seems to me that it would make more sense to stock larger ones less often. They're not even eating size, it's ridiculous. I'll have to do some trout fishing at willow to make it worth buying the stamp!

Anyway, I did see a 16" largemouth cruising the shallows, probably looking for wounded or dying dink trout to eat. I know they're in there but I had never seen one that big at Sunset. You might try some sort of small trout imitating lure.
[signature]
They have removed the fence from the North part of the West side so there is now more area open to fishing. However, the East side of the pond remains fenced off and closed.
[signature]