Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mead 4-6-13
A little windy at times but how it goes. I know there isn't a fishing show that I have watched that at some point some professional isn't heard saying wind is your friend. I 100% disagree to that statement. At least as far as Lake Mead. I have yet to ever have a stellar day when there is wind. Plus I am so addicted to being able to sight fish that it kills me to have wind and not be able to see down 20+ feet.

Anyways, we still ended up catching 20. 2 Stripers and the rest a fairly even mix of LMB and SMB. Madi caught the biggest at around 4 pounds (I'm still semi mad that I partially missed it. I was in the back of the boat switching to a new/different worm and she finally got this one we had been working on for 15 minutes or so to go for it... All I partially seen out of the side of my eye was a stellar hook set out of the girl and the wooooho out of her. There isn't anything funner than sight fishing a big'un. Watching them finally go for it, etc. 100 times better than topwater IMO.) I forgot to weigh her after I took a few pictures. She doesn't look 4 in the pictures but she was. I had a several 3s. Nothing too big on the SMB. One shy of 3 the rest the usuals.

Back to the winds... Go figure I have company coming into town later today (one of my borther in laws) purely here to fish the next couple days... SUCKING. Stupid weather. I hate wasting vacation and this week might end up being a wasted vacation week if this wind doesn't blow somewhere else!!!

Back to the post... Some pictures.

Spinnerbait fish to start the day off.

[Image: LakeMead_04-06-13_001.jpg]

Mid morning nap... She finds the most god aweful positions to sleep... lol

[Image: LakeMead_04-06-13_002.jpg]

A little SMB action. Madi was trying to get a picture of her jumping. On a drop shot.

[Image: LakeMead_04-06-13_003.jpg][Image: LakeMead_04-06-13_004.jpg][Image: LakeMead_04-06-13_005.jpg][Image: LakeMead_04-06-13_006.jpg][Image: LakeMead_04-06-13_007.jpg]

Drop shot

[Image: LakeMead_04-06-13_008.jpg]

Texas rigged.

[Image: LakeMead_04-06-13_011.jpg]

And... What I get for trying to be in a video for the first time. She was a nice'n.

[url "http://youtu.be/bLspDPxDe80"]http://youtu.be/bLspDPxDe80[/url]
[signature]
Good stuff man! Enjoy your posts.
[signature]
Not sure if weather effects Largemouth/smallmouth fishing but stripers love nasty weather... my 34 and 44lb'er out of Mead were all caught on days when you probably shouldn't of gone out.
[signature]
Seen the same... Stripers and crappy weather seem to go together!
[signature]
yet i did go out yesterday the 8th with the high wind warning, but only caught a 3lb'er
[signature]
I got up at 3:45 this morning. Looked outside, checked weather on cell phone and went back to bed... Fingers crossed for tomorrow!
[signature]
Erawk and I hit Willow Beach last night from midnight to 4am hoping for nasty weather, but it was calm and clear when we got there. No takers trolling or casting. Short night though.
[signature]