Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad day @ Blackrock - I was due- some laughs?
Let's start at the beginning. Decided that I had a big enough gut and I needed to get off my, you know what, and do something. Sooooo, may as well do something I enjoy. It was getting late but got my stuff together and headed to the Weeb. 10 mi. down the road, I realized I'd left my day pack with my fishing gear at home. So, back I went. headed out, getting late. Got to the river and it was "chocolate".[mad] Oh well, give it a try and give Sparky some fun. Caught one cookie cutter and decided to add a wax worm because of the chocolate conditions. Where the heck are they. I had put em in my wader pouch and not there?? Ok, that's ok, probably shouldn't revert to that any way. Well, caught another, surprising, released it after laying my fly rod down and went back at it again. Got a nice brown that jumped more then the rainbows and went to reel in my excess line. No crank, broke off!!!! [mad] Did the best I could hand turning w/o the crank and landed him. Decided since it was getting late because of the late start and the bad stuff that was happening to head home. That old fly reel was about 40 years old and, well, I was not a happy camper. Got home, took off my waders and wala, there my wax worms were, inside my waders. Had missed the pouch and stuffed em down the waders,
well,----------, that was my day. Hopefully I gave ya all a few laughs. [Smile]
[signature]
I think everyone has days like that. When it becomes terribly unbearable then I usually give in and leave. But it's usually relaxing any way.
[signature]
Oh Fred, days like that make the good ones seem that much better.
[signature]