Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White fish streamers?
Can you catch white fish by using streamers. Not that i'm targeting white fish, but i'm just curious if their little mouths could even handle a streamer like a woolly? I was fishing the Weber and was hooking up whites left and right.. was just wondering if i started hucking a streamer if i'd still be catching them still?
Thanks
[signature]
ive done it before some how dead drifting a streamer through a seam. happened once only and was a bit suprised, took a small blood bugger so i rekon its doable, but i have never hooked another one on a streamer and dont really try.
[signature]
I hooked one on a Marabou Clouser, but that has a small hook and is soft
[Image: 100_0077.jpg]
[signature]
I've only seen it done once about a dozen years ago. I guy from Hill AFB was showing me how he fished streamers and got a whitie along with some browns. They'll take size 10 nymphs a little too well so sometimes a streamer is a better bet when they won't leave you alone.
[signature]
I was fishing the outlet of the lower Green River Lake in Wyoming and had several whities hit a streamer while fishing for rainbows. I missed most of them, but I did hook up with a couple.
[signature]