Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I fish for sturgeon
[url "http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=24807512&nid=1112&title=ksl-outdoors-gephardt-approved-idaho-sturgeon"]Link[/url]
[signature]
I love to take newbs. Water levels are dismal. Caught three last week. Kevin are you ready?
[signature]
[quote dtayboyz]

I love to take newbs.. Kevin are you ready?

[/quote]

I am far from a "newbs" and who is Kevin? I have a trip planned in a couple months and I can hardly wait. Haven't fished for them from my boat in a couple years and the withdrawal pains are awful.
[signature]
[quote dtayboyz]I love to take newbs. Water levels are dismal. Caught three last week. Kevin are you ready?[/quote]

Care to take a Fly Fisher[Wink]
[signature]
Kevin is Paveway, he came up last fall, I know he'll read this today so I was teasin him. As soon as the irrigation water gets leveled out, it will be game on. When I send out invites everyone is welcome. Gertrude seats 5. Lots of great fishing in Hagerman, you guys that drive long distances can make a weekend of it. I can usually get free on Fridays if you give me a couple weeks notice, Saturdays if I don't have a bass tournament. The boat launch in this video has some nice tent spots with bass, trout and large carp fishing close by. It is exit 125 on I84. CJ Strike is another 30 minutes west. You can bank fish where these guys were but you need a 4x4. Tight lines. . . .DaleSmile
[signature]
I am ashamed to be a "sturgeon virgin".
I might just have to change that this year!
[signature]
the ~10 footer we hooked into, battled for 3 hours and lost still haunts my dreams at night!

Can't wait to get up there for round 2!
[signature]
Please add this check to every Sturgeon you catch & release..

Look down into there mouths and ensure that NO HOOKS are inside.

Even Gephardt(?) broke one off...
[signature]
I was one of the first people, that uses this website to go with Kent sturgeon fishing. I have been 3 or 4 times with Kent and each time I have had a great time.
I enjoy new and different fishing experiences. Seeing a 9 foot sturgeon stand on it's tail on the end of your line is pretty exciting in my book.
Thanks Kent for all the great memories.
[signature]
missing the video.

Something I'd love to try sometime.
You know it, I've been ready to get back out there all winter! Flygoddess I'll be sure to let ya know ahead of time next time I go up. You're welcome to hitch a ride and give sturgeon fishing a go! What a blast!
[signature]
Thanks bro. OH, and one of my buddies posted this

[Image: fbde44a6a1b94b22f9bbf9bd3e2ccbf9_zps06635edf.jpg]

This one of the smaller, so I know it can be done
[signature]
Sure hope that isn't Idaho.
[signature]
It's not. I know, no lifting WHOLE fish out of water. In Idaho, you can lift the end that counts out though[crazy][Wink]
[signature]