Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starvation
Going to starvation tomorrow for a couple of days, will be staying at the state park,taking my toon. any good reports for that area.
Thanks
[signature]
I'll be there tomorrow also, in a black Crestliner. I'm not sure where we will be yet, but if you see me we can compare notes. I am not very experienced on that lake yet. Good luck to you.

humpy
[signature]
I'm going Tuesday, planning to park at Rabbit Gulch and stay until Wednesday noonish. Will be in my Hobie ProAngler kayak.
[signature]
if the fishing is good, I may go back on Tue. [Smile]
[signature]
We just got back yesterday from Starvation. Even though it was VERY windy we caught lots of bows and most were very nice size. We also found some willing perch, caught a nice 4-5 pound brown and some bass including one really nice one. We tried our usual spots for walleye but they weren't biting. We did see some people at the fish cleaning station with coolers full of walleye so I know they were biting somewhere.
[signature]
Where did you find the perch?
[signature]
Could I ask whY you were using for the bass I was there the other day and could catch any I have really caught them in the past but it wasn't going for me this last time. We got a lot of really nice bows tho
[signature]
[quote panfisher]Where did you find the perch?[/quote]

We found them under the highway 40 bridge until some scuba divers who were spear fishing scared them away.
[signature]
[quote shimano_jr]Could I ask whY you were using for the bass I was there the other day and could catch any I have really caught them in the past but it wasn't going for me this last time. We got a lot of really nice bows tho[/quote]

We caught them on several different rubber jigs (don't remember the names) and worms. The worms worked best. We caught most of them from the rocks when the wind drove us off the lake.
[signature]