Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sunnyside camping
Figured I had threadjacked the other thread enough and start my own. Where is the camping area for the resorvoirs or can I pitch a tent wherever :p.
[signature]
I believe there's two camp grounds one close to haymeadow and one by the hot springs... The one by the hot springs is kinda desolate but pretty open and some big owls in the big dead trees... The hot spring is pretty small but cool been there in the winter and you see people swimming all year even when the lakes are frozen
[signature]
There is only one camp ground that you can camp in. It is called Dave Deacon campground. It is very primitive. From Hay meadow go north till you can drive west across I believe its Cold Springs its a couple miles from there. There is running water in the center area of the campground. There are vault toilets as well and a rv dump. The RV dump had no water. There are also hot springs about a mile north of the campground also.
[signature]
Is camping only permitted in campgrounds?
[signature]
Camping is only allowed at Dave Deacon campground. The area is Kirch WMA.

http://www.ndow.org/Nevada_Wildlife/Wild...ent_Areas/
[signature]
Correct info there; camping is only allowed at the Deacon campground. To say its primitive is an understatement. You may or may not have a small picnic table and thats about it.

Its very open and exposed, there are only a few trees and they dont do much as far as shade/wind protection. However the fishing is excellent as are the views.

Be ready to rough it, bring in everything you need and it can be a fun camping site despite the limited facalities.

We had a herd of goats run through the campground one morning, that was a trip! lol
[signature]