Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bass Pro Shops a good store?
I've been to Walmart, Cabelas, and Sports Authority for fishing stuff but I want to get a gift card and I get a discount and work and the only fishing store they have is bass pro shops. So is it a good store?
[signature]
Bass Pro is a great store, if ya like Cabelas you'll like Bass Pro. The two are very similar. Later J
[signature]
Never actually been to a Bass Pro Shop there not in Utah but Ive purchased several things form them online. Good Customer service and a Huge product selection. Id say there pretty similar to Cabelas.
[signature]
Dang rights BP is a good store!
[signature]
I've been ordering from Bass Pro since I was 8 years old. They've always been good to me. I personally like them better than Cabela's. Their store brand stuff can be really nice. I own several of their rods and reels, and a bunch of their plastics and hardbaits. It's pretty good quality for the money.
[signature]
Lot like Cabelas. Started out with a single store in Springfield, Missouri and grew pretty quickly. I remember going to their original store as a teenager about 1980 and was pretty impressed back then. They expanded into catalog, multiple stores and internet sells. I still hit their store most winters in Florida. Fairly similar to Cabelas in overall experience and quality. So good substitute for Cabelas even if there aren't any local stores.
[signature]
If you were to go to the one down in Vegas and compare the fishing department to our Cabelas, the Bass Pro blows Cabelas out of the water!
[signature]
I agree with fatty on this one. Bass Pro in Vegas rocks. Blows Cabelas in Lehi out of the water. We go down every Spring and stock up for the upcoming fishing and hunting seasons. Great place.
[signature]
When I first saw Cabelas in Lehi it reminded me of the Bass Pro Shoppe in Katy, Tx. I think Bass Pro is a little more geared toward fishing, while Cabelas is a little more hunting based.
[signature]
Really depends on what you are looking for. I think for the most part. If you are looking for spinning rods, bass plugs and like bass pro is better. If you are looking for fly fishing and western state hunting Cabelas is much better. I have noticed if you live close to one or the other it always seems like you would rather have the other....
[signature]
Your assessment is exactly right on the differences in what they carry. I also think Cabelas has a wider selection of camping gear.
[signature]
some stuff is better at cabelas and some stuff is better at bass pro shops but i do think bass pro shops has a bigger variety but thats just my opinion. [Wink]
[signature]
I was mainly comparing overall fishing, if we are talking hunting then the opposite applies
[signature]