Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Creek Access
[font "Times New Roman"]I’ve made a call to a contact in the Bureau of Reclamation and got the name of the person in charge of managing the property at Lost Creek. In order for the gate to be open, for fishing access, the Bureau needs someone to open and shut the gate daily along with taking care of the restrooms and garbage collection. The B.O.R. has contracted with State Parks to oversee the property. The State Parks has contracted with Morgan County to take care of the gate and law enforcement. The contract expires at the end of the summer, so at this time there is no contract to manage the access. The B.O.R. along with the D.W.R. is trying to push to have the contract renewed; however State Parks and Morgan County do not want to renew the contract. State Parks has no interest because there are no facilities. Morgan County does not want the gate open because it allows for wild parties. [/font]

[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]

[font "Times New Roman"]While the gate is closed we still have access to fish the lake by walking in. The B.O.R. has restricted use of any type of R.V., A.T.V., or Snowmobile; however, there has been talk about lifting this for winter. They have also talked about moving the gate up to the top of the Dam. There is to be a meeting between the B.O.R., D.W.R., State Parks, and Morgan County within the next month. If you would like to be kept up-to-date on what is happening or give me your input, send me a PM. [/font]
[signature]
FW - Check my post from Nov. 14. It will give you some info on the contact person for your question. He seemed like a knowlegeable and intelligent sort. Mr. Lipripper[blush]
[signature]
Oops, my fault! It looks like you may have already spoken to him and I'm giving you info you already have.[Tongue] You and I and my friend did well up there last year and I'd really like hit it again but to be able to drive to the boatramp and walk to that point instead of walking from the gate.[mad]
[signature]