Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Striper-R-rama 22
[font "Calibri"]Striper-R-Rama 22[/font]
[font "Calibri"]Went to the annual Striper-R-Rama tournament, this last weekend.[/font]
[font "Calibri"]This is a 2 person team event and you can weigh up to 40 fish. It starts Saturday at 7pm and ends Sunday at 7am. Good thing it’s at night because it’s hotter than hell in Arizona this time of year.[/font]
[font "Calibri"] [/font]
[font "Calibri"]Last year our boat took 3rd place and we had over 80 Stripers to sort thru.[/font]
[font "Calibri"]This year it was extra hotter than hell, as the temperatures were about 20 degrees higher down on the lake. The heat coming off the boulders was like being on the tarmac at the airport including hot jet exhaust.[/font]
[font "Calibri"] [/font]
[font "Calibri"]We only caught 44 fish but 37 of them were from 2am until 6:30am. My big fish hit around 2:30 am and a few more after that. As soon as the sun started to break the twilight the bite was on and we top the 40 fish mark. [/font]
[font "Calibri"]My bro-in-law and I got the big fish award, he was the net man and I was the luck one that hooked it. Topped the scales at 7lbs 10oz. Our forty fish weighed in at 60.10 good enough for 2nd place. First place was 60.12, they got us by 2oz.[/font]
I would highly recommend this tournament to everyone, you might get the Striper-R-Rama bug.

[inline 100_0306.JPG]
[signature]