Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
learn to ice fish?
Just kicking around the idea of teaching a learn to ice fish class?

it would be a free 1 day seminar,anybody welcome(even guests)but mainly for those interested in trying it but do not know how to start.

reply to this post if you are interested.

also thinking of a jig tying class?
[signature]
Count me in, I've never been on the ice to fish before!
[signature]
Sounds like a decent idea. I am by no means a pro but I would be willing to give a hand if need be james.
[signature]
I would be interested, have you considered a on ice clinic??? or in your shop???? Back in my college days we helped Anglers inn develop a starter kit for the beginner ice fisherman. One was with a auger, the other one was with out a auger. Included some flashers, jigs, ice flies, ice scoop, and reel and pole. and a check list.
[signature]
Thats a good idea,maybe 1 class and 1 day on the ice doing what we learn.
[signature]
I am very interested in a rookie class. I have never been ice fishing, and it is at the top of my list this winter.
[signature]
Although I don't have time to attend myself, I think it's a great idea. There are a lot of us who hate winter because we "can't go fishing" but really it's just that we don't know how to ice fish, at least not successfully.
[signature]
Great idea. I would be willing to help get a few "ice newbies" started. Maybe coordinate it with one of the BFT fish-n-feed type outings? I've done lots of ice fishing but haven't yet attended one of the famous BFT outings. It would also be a great way to get to know everyone better.[Smile]
[signature]
I would be interested also [Smile]
[signature]
I would be interested in participating. i've only been once and we got skunked. It looks like a good way to take the kids out fishing and have a good time. Where would it be? chicken.
[signature]
Great idea James. I think there are quite a few people on here that have never tried ice fishing. A class would be highly beneficial.
[signature]
Count me in, James. I've only been about 5 or 6 times, so I'm pretty much a rookie. I'm going this saturday to scofield, so I'm excited about that, and I'm getting more confident (especially after spending time on this board last winter as a guest, and now as a member), but I'd love to take a class from you experts to get better at it. My dad in law and brother in law might be interested too. I've gotta make a trip up to Davis County and get some of those watta-crickets from you for stawberry this year. I'm always looking for a way to out fish my buddy that taught me to ice fish. Then I'll let him have a couple after I've kicked his butt with them!
[signature]
[#ff0000][size 3]OOUUCCHHH!!! OK, OK so quit twisting my arm! I like the idea of a day at the shop with the cash register open and then a day on the hard water to lose all of the stuff I picked up. I've messed with it a little, spied on others, had some success now and then, but never had any one ever show me the ropes. If the stars and my days off line up, count me in. [/size][/#ff0000]
[signature]