Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headed to Durango Next Weekend
Anyone have any suggestions were to fish in Durango?
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Though I've never fished there personally...I've heard great things about the Animas river and the San Juan (just a short drive down into NM). Seen some big trout pulled out of both. The Animas flows right through town too. If you're looking for lakes try Vallecito. Again, I can't guarantee fish, but I have seen plenty taken from here. It helps to have a boat though.
[signature]
Hey Mike-

I live in Durango now. Shoot me an email or give me a call if you'd like to fish. I'm taking the train to Silverton on Saturday but am free on Sunday.

We've been getting a lot of rain so the Animas has been blown out a lot lately, but I have some other ideas if it's not fishable.

Don
[signature]
Hey Don,
That sounds awesome, would love to see you!

We get in Thursday night and will give you a holler when I get down that way. We're staying at a lodge down there, I'll get the details but would be great to have you over for some food and drinks!!
We're staying by Vallecito Lake?
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator
It would be fun to see you, Mike.

Vallecito's just up the road. How long will you be there? I'll PM you the phone numbers - office and cell.

Don
[signature]
It will be fun to catch up it's been a while! I get in Thursday night but will have to check with Christina what time we leave Sunday.
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Good to see you again, Mike. You all sure had the rainbows dialed in. Nice to see a bunch of youngsters having fun catching fish!
[signature]
Hey Don,
Thank you for coming down bud, it was great to see you! we'll look forward to heading out to the Gorge in the Spring, It's been way to long!

Glad things are going so good in Durango it sure is a beautiful spot to live!
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator