Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gas Augers
Can anyone tell me what the cheapest gas auger is going for and where???
[signature]
Tried to post pic but didn't work. Disregard[Sad]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Look at the prices for augers and shelters at this place. Pretty reasonble from everything I've seen. I don't know what the shipping would be but the prices for augers rock![/size][/font] [center][url "http://www.landmsupply.com/index1.htm"][#333366][size 2]http://www.landmsupply.com/index1.htm[/size][/#333366][/url][/center] [left][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Hey releaseit, if you need help learning how to post pictures on this site I or Teroy will be glad to show you. Some guys just have a tough time of it. It's not very difficult. Just send us a PM and your problem is solved![/size][/font][/left]
[signature]
I saw an Eskimo 8 in. at Sportsmans warehouse for about 200 bucks a couple of weeks ago.
[signature]
Last year about this time, I purchased a Strike Master MAG 2000 with 8.25" auger at Galyans. Using their membership club discount ( its free for the asking) and a $20 discount coupon sent to me via E-mail from their club, the total cost was under $200 with tax. I gave the Mag 2000 it to a family member for X-mas and it has worked great!!! A few weeks later, I decided I wanted one but the Mag 2000's where sold out, so I bought a Strike master Lazer XL with 8" lazer auger. The Lazer auger is twice as fast in cutting holes as the MAG 2000 chipper blade, But it cost over $120 more. For the money, The Mag 2000 is a great buy if you can find one. They sell really out fast!!! I did see a low $200 power auger at Sportsmans the other day, but as I recall it was only 1.5 HP with an 7" auger. In my opinion thats too small of engine and auger size. At higher altitudes, you'll need a minimum of 2HP for an 8" and 3HP for a 10" auger. I would try Galyans ( with free discount membership), Sportsmans, and Smith & Edwards in North Ogden.

Good Luck.[Wink]
[signature]
Welcome aboard FishN2Dmax !!! I got one of those memberships now , but don't find time to go there much .Need to get down there once in a while . Thanks for the info . Now if I can decide on a gas auger or Vexilar flasher for christmas this year . Decisions , decisions ......LOL
[signature]
[size 2][font "Times New Roman"]The Vexilar is the best investment I’ve made for ice fishing. If the ice is clear you can find depth even locate fish though the ice with out drilling holes. I picked up a laser hand auger and only wished I had a power auger once in three years, the ice was 3’ thick. With the Vexilar I have only come home with out fish one out of 15 trips. The trip without any fish I gave up that day because I could not find any active fish. With the Vexilar I can find the fish and watch them go after the bait. [/font][/size][font "Times New Roman"]

[size 2]James has some good deals at Hooked.[/size][/font]
[signature]
BLM,

Even though I shop at L&M every year on vacation to my hometown of Grand Rapids, there are often better deals locally, especially when you consider shipping from MN. www.reedssports.com has a lot of variety and will ship flashers for free, but that may be a wash too with slightly higher prices. I like to shop locally and keep the businesses afloat when I can but it's hard to match the variety of ice fishing gear northern Minnesota offers. BTW I find ideas for gear and where to purchase from www.fishingminnesota.com and their multiple forums, but often buy from Sportsmans Warehouse. I bought an Eskimo shelter there last Sunday. I've yet to visit Hooked but know that I should. It's always a thrill to actually walk around some of the products that I've only read about or seen pictures of on websites. Now if we could only get some ice on nearby lakes that have perch so I could take the kids out and bring home dinner!

Kevin
[signature]
Guest?

I saw the bull on Sunday when it was still a little light. Seemed to have antlers but didn't look like much to me. I was kinda drowsy and me and the missus discussed it. GRHS grad of 1980. Ate lunch with Jon Casey every day. After we "stole" him of course. Who is this? PM me and we'll chat. Indians forever. Damn Chicken Hawks, Thunder Chickens or whatever they are now.

Kevin
[signature]
Yeah-That Vexilar is as close to cheating as you can get!!Have one myself,never tried to shooting thru the ice,does that really work?
I have a 10 year old Strikemaster Lazer mag,can't remember what I paid for it,but it has been worth what ever I paid.Have only changed blades once.
[signature]
At Scofield last sunday , I was able to see thru the ice with my fishing buddy II with a little water on the surface . Good clear ice is no problem viewing thru the ice .
[signature]
If you can make a tight contact with the ice and it is clear sold ice it works great.

If you have a 10 year old laser and only changed the blades once you need to get out and do more ice fishing and make good use of the blades. LOL. The Strike master is well worth the money.
[signature]
Well-I used it a few years with dull blades[blush][crazy]
[signature]