Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lindon BH 11/26/03 (report)
I know I'm a week late in posting, but thought I would share. I fished Lindon last Wed from 1-3 pm. The weather was overcast with occassional snow and wind. The ice was still thin 1-3 inches and being without an auger I found a nice rock and hammered through the ice next to the #10 boat slip until I had a roughly 8" hole.

I had a white roadrunner (thanks to TubeDude) tipped with a red curly tail plastic (I cut off the end of the curly tail and just put that on the jig). About 12" above the roadrunner, I tied on a black jig. I would aggressively jig up about 12-15" inches and let the whole setup flutter back down.

I caught 1 10" white bass on the white/red roadrunner and another 10" whitie on a strait red curlytail jig.

Best of luck to you!

ES
[signature]
[cool][size 2]Now you're getting dangerous.[/size]

[size 2]That hot pink plastic is one of my favorite cold water flavors for whites...both fall and spring. Walleyes also take a whack at it.[/size]

[size 2]Might suggest you hook up with someone with an auger before your next trip. When the ice gets thicker, beating on it with a rock will only send the fish elsewhere.[/size]
[signature]
[#ff0000][size 3]We hard water fished augerless for a few years just checking it out to see if we liked it before picking up some gear. I know what it is like to bum an abandoned hole, use the barter system, big rocks and what not to feed the habbit. You can sure borrow our little hand driller if you're up north! [/size][/#ff0000]
[signature]
[cool][cool] Thanks for the offer! After reading your post, I feel like I'm on the slippery slope to a full blown addiction. "Hi, my name is EmuScud, and I'm an ice fisherman . . . "

See you on the water! (literally)

ES
[signature]