Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Fork of the Little Bear River
Yesterday I was going to go up to the Black Smith Fork, but the fire prevented going into the canyon.So I decided to go to fish below Porcupine.

It was very warm outside and I'm pretty sure I need a light pair of waders. Neoprene + Heat = Wet on the inside.

I talked to a guy who was fly fishing on the bridge and decided to fish below the spill way.

I walk up to the spill way and there is an older couple drowning worms [mad] in the hole that I wanted to hit. I fish a little way below them. First cast a brown whacked my renegade and took off with it and ran my line into a tree/forest and broke it off.

After retying I landed this beauty of a brown. I walked back down to try a few other holes and a guy on the bridge was now drowning worms. I fished the hole below him and to no avail.

I was frustrated to say the least. I got into my car and took off to find phone service and report the people for being Jack holes.

An officer was sent, but they were all gone by the time he got there. I should have got the plate on the car, but I didn't even think too.

I absolutely hate when people can't follow the rules.

Well I hope they get caught. [mad]
[signature]
Very true man. At least your caught a nice brownie.
[signature]
Love that stream. I also run into a lot of people, usually camping in the area, that are ignorant to the regs there so I have to fill them in.
[signature]
Grew up fly fishing the East Fork...that's where my Dad would take me and teach the ways of the fly! Sad to hear people aren't following the regs up there. I would have given them some quick education! I need to get back up there....its been too long.

-Rich
[signature]